Whether it is about commercial or residential building, the roof is the first line of defense against natural hazards such as heavy rain, hail, fire, wind and ice. This is something that just like the tires on your car. Most of the homeowners think about their roof once when a problem arises with it. And most homeowners will only have it replaced when it is necessary.
In order to extend the life of your roof, it is important to perform a regular maintenance. It will help to keep functioning properly. The foremost step in expending the life of your roof is by making the investment in a professional roof inspection. By having a regular inspection service, at least twice a year, you can help to keep your roof in proper working condition. Your roof receives the brunt of harsh weather, solar radiation and temperature. Due to this reason it is important to have your roof inspected by a professional.
- Weathering & aging: An average roof will last between fifteen to thirteen years. Does not matter which material you choose for your roof, all roofs undergo normal aging and weathering. The severe weather affects those factors which are usually visible. Having a regular inspection will give you the opportunity to give schedule the maintenance your roof requires.
- Storm damage: Heavy rain, high wind, storm and hail can create damage to your roof that may trigger repairs. Roofs should be inspected on a regular basis to prevent further damage due to water infiltration. A lot of damage can result in expensive repairs or replacement. If you have trees near to your house, tree limbs and branches can fall on the roof and create significant damage.
- Leak assessment: Leaks after a heavy rain is the most common reason for inspections. Leaks can be a major inconvenience or a big symptom of a larger problem with your roof. By letting a professional identify the problem, he will be offering you services and recommendations on how best to fully resolve the problem so that your house does not suffer from any damage.
- Increase the roof’s lifespan: A regular inspection can save you a lot of bucks and time in expensive repairs and renovations. Roof replacement and repair services can be expensive. To prolong the lifespan of your roof, you need to take at least two professional inspections a year. Professionals understand the depth and complexity of problems that normally affect the roof.
- Peace of mind: Don’t let the state of your roof be another stressor in your life. Keeping an eye on the condition of your roof will give you peace of mind and save money in the long run. It will also help to keep the roof in good working condition.
Establishing a schedule for routine inspection will protect your roof and property from damages. Inspections can be expensive, but it will provide you valuable information that can prevent expensive repairs. To know more about roofing services, give us a call.